Charity Of The Month
Every Month We will have a Select Charity in which all donations and 5% of the sales total will be donated at the end of each month.
Email to put forward a charity you wish to promote and maybe it will be selected for our CHARITY OF THE MONTH.
This month in Celebration of new artist Jonathan Shaw and his tarsier painting we are supporting the Phillippine Tarsier Foundation http://www.tarsierfoundation.org/ with its sanctuary based on the island of Bohol. The charity aims to protect the tarsiers habitat, provide further research, as well as supporting the local people in being invovled within the Tarsier conservation through eco-tourism.
- Their main diet consists of insects; hence, they should not be fed with meat.
- They have the tendency to commit suicide during captivity due to trauma from touching and loud noise.
- They have one of the slowest fetal growth rates of any mammal, taking 6 months to reach a birth weight of 23 grams.
- They are solitary and territorial animals.
- A single tarsier needs at least one hectare of space.
- Habitat destruction
- Introduced house cats
- Pet trade
- Not keeping tarsiers as pets
- Not buying captured tarsiers in the pet market
- Reporting cases of hunting, killing or smuggling of tarsiers; as a specially protected faunal species.